JOB TITLE: CAD and SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
JOB LEVEL: JUNIOR Level (1-2 years’ commercial experience)
LOCATION: Wimbledon, London, England
CHAM is seeking a Development Engineer, with knowledge of, and interest in, CAD to be based at its Wimbledon office.
The main task is to assist the Software Development Team develop, implement, test and document new features or modifications of PHOENICS and other CHAM products, with particular reference to CAD elements and interfaces. The aim is to create viable, attractive and saleable products within an agreed time frame.
The successful candidate will be able to work with others at CHAM on general development, User Support and Consultancy as required thus extending knowledge over a broad range of CFD-based activities.
- Work to optimize all aspects of PHOENICS, and other CHAM software, from menu systems and general interface, to underlying physics and display in the appropriate environment.
- Build upon and improve interfaces to associated CHAM products including, but not limited to, RhinoCFD., optimizing all aspects of the program, from menu systems and general interface, to underlying physics and display in the Rhino environment.
- Provide support to clients and agents
- Do the same with new software products as requested
- BSc or above, in Computational Science, Systems, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of, and experience with, .NET framework, C++
- General CAD knowledge and experience and knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Flexibility, proactivity and resourcefulness and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritise and record work, and keep Senior staff informed
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Knowledge of FORTRAN
- Knowledge of VTK (Visualisation Tool Kit) and OpenScenegraph would be useful as would familiarity with typical computer solid geometry representations (for geometric shape definitions) and, perhaps, ABD
CHAM offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful applicant. Applicants are invited to send a current CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications for this position to HR@cham.co.uk with the subject heading “CAD and SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER Application – (Your Name)” As well as where you saw our advert..