JOB TITLE: CAD Software Development Engineer
JOB LEVEL: JUNIOR Level (1-2 years’ commercial experience)
LOCATION: Wimbledon, London, England
CHAM is seeking a CAD Software Developer for its Wimbledon office. The successful candidate will be involved in development of CHAM’s latest, and new future, products which include RhinoCFD, a plug-in integrating CFD capabilities into Rhino3D.
- Build upon and improve RhinoCFD, optimizing all aspects of the program, from menu systems and general interface, to underlying physics and display in the Rhino environment.
- Ready the plugin for integration with Rhino6 involving migration to C#
- Begin the integration project with Grasshopper 2
- Provide support to clients and agents
- Do the same with new software products as requested
- BSc or MSc in Computational Science, Computer Aided Design, Systems Engineering, or related field
- Experience with C#, .NET framework, C++
- Solid CAD knowledge and experience, in particular with Rhino3D
- 1-2 years’ experience using and developing software / plug-ins
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing) and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience using Rhino and Grasshopper
- Knowledge of FORTRAN
- Knowledge of VTK (Visualisation Tool Kit) and OpenScenegraph would be useful as would familiarity with typical computer solid geometry representations and, perhaps, ABD
CHAM offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful applicant. Applicants are invited to send a current CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications for this position to HR@cham.co.uk with the subject heading “CAD Software Developer Application – (Your Name)”.