TITLE : Water pouring into a bund
BY : CHAM User Support Team - S V Zhubrin
FOR : Angus Fire,UK
DATE : November, 2000
PHOENICS Version : 3.3.1
PHYSICAL SITUATION :
- Three-Dimensional Transient Free Surface Flow of Water in Air.
- The task is to simulate the water pouring into a bund through
the bottom slot at the side wall. The opposite side wall has
an opening through which the water leaks out of the bund. Internal
obstacle is located on the water path.
- Water starts to propagate into the bund along the horizontal
floor until it encounters the internal beam. It re-directs the
water stream until it finally reaches the leak opening
over-flowing the obstacle.
NUMERICAL DETAILS :
- Cartesian computational uniform grid.
- 100 time steps of 0.02 time units covering a total period of 2 time units.
- The effects of wall friction and turbulence are neglected.
- The free surface is modelled by use of SEM, Scalar Equation Method .
PICTURES are as follows:
All model settings have been made in VR-Editor of PHOENICS 3.3.1.
The relevant Q1 file can be inspectedby clicking