TITLE : GAS DISTRIBUTION IN A RING MAIN
BY : ISHII IRON WORKS CO. - V Palanisamy, Y Tada
DATE : 1995
- Three-Dimensional flow
- Curvilinear(BFC) Computational grid
- The ring main distributes gas to reactor tubes through
intermediate pig tail tubes.
- Unequal flow to the reactor tubes from the ring main is
- This is caused by sudden pressure variation at branching
- A variety of inlet configurations were tested to compensate
for the pressure variations.
The pictures are as follows:
1. Pressure distribution in the ring main
2. Flow rate at different outlet positions, for a variety of inlet configurations