TITLE : SMOKE MOVEMENT IN A TUNNEL (Library Case: 606)
- Three-Dimensional steady flow (1 million cells)
- Cartesian computational grid
- Parabolic mode
- The problem concerns the way in which a smoke plume rises as
it is carried within a wind-tunnel having an imposed shear-flow
velocity profile at inlet.
- This case shows how the parabolic option can be employed with
advantage for fine-grid calculations on machines of modest size.
- The cross-stream grid is 40 * 40, and there are 625 z-direction
intervals, so that one million cells feature in the calculation.
Pictures are as follows :
1.The computational grid, section across the tunnel
2. An animated sequence of smoke contours
at various distances along tunnel
3. Velocity vectors at the tunnel exit