2D LAMINAR WALL-DRIVEN CAVITY FLOW
BY : CHAM Development Team - M R Malin
VKI, Belgium - N P Waterson
Validation of Convection Discretisation Schemes
DATE : 1995 PHOENICS Version : 2.2
- 2d steady, incompressible, laminar, wall-driven recirculating
flow inside a square cavity at Re=1000.
- This case is a widely-used test problem for assessing the
accuracy and stability of various numerical methods.
- PHOENICS Library Case N102
CALCULATION DETAILS :
Fig 1, Velocity Vectors & Streamlines
- PHOENICS calculations are performed on a 21 by 21 mesh with 5
different discretisation schemes for convection, namely:
1st order upwind, QUICK, cubic upwind
Van Leer, Koren
- Then PHOENICS solutions are compared with the benchmark numerical
solution reported by Ghia et al ( J. Comp. Physics, Vol.48,
p387-411, 1982 ).
- No grid refinement studies have been performed.
Fig2, Profiles for, Re=1000