TITLE: Flow in a Turbine Cascade
By: V A Semin, CHAM Development Team
Date: 1996 PHOENICS Version 2.2.1
PURPOSE OF THE CALCULATIONS:
- The geometry is that specified by Mr. E Jal of GEC Alsthom. It is for a typical
steam-turbine cascade. Experimental data was also supplied.
MAIN FEATURES OF CFD MODEL:
- Steady, compressible flow with cyclic boundary conditions.
- Highly non-orthogonal mono-block grid. Grids of 48*98, 24*196 and 72*196 are used.
- Turbulence represented using standard high-Reynolds K-E model.
- MINMOD higher-order differencing scheme for convection terms.
The images show:
The Pressure Field
Comparison with Data
Grid used for 3D Calculations