TITLE : FLOW IN A DRILLING BIT
BY : Qihui Zhang - CHAM UK
- The flow around a drilling bit is simulated.
- The simulation is 3D and the geometry is set up using
the ASAP procedure.
NOTES ON ASAP:
- ASAP (Arbitrary Source Allocation Procedure) is a PHOENICS
add-on solving problems concerning arbitrarily distributed
sources and complex geometry in any coordinate system.
- Compared with BFC systems, ASAP can be used for any complex
geometry without creating meshes that are difficult to
- ASAP matches the existing geometry with the provided mesh
and has been used in a wide range of cases.
Pictures are as follows:
Geometry, rear view