TITLE : FREE CONVECTION IN HORIZONTAL PIPE (LIBRARY CASE 125)
BY : CHAM Consultancy Team
- Air flows at low Reynolds Number along a horizontal pipe of
circular cross-section, the wall of which is at a higher
temperature than the entering air.
- Natural convection (ie buoyancy) creates a circulation in the
cross-sectional plane, superimposed on the Poiseille-like
- The parabolic mode permits use of a fine grid in the longitud-
inal direction. 10 000 cells are used.
Pictures are as follows:
1. Geometry of the problem
2. Temperature contours
3. Temperature contours at outlet plane
4. Velocity vectors at outlet plane
5. Pressure contours at outlet plane