TITLE : Thermal rating of Heat Exchanger Networks
BY : S.V.ZHUBRIN and N.I.PAVITSKIY of CHAM-MEI
FOR : Industrial client
DATE : July, 1992 by special GROUND coding;
March,1998 re-made by PLANT.
PHOENICS Version : 1.6
THE NEED :
The experimental search of the advanced technological HEN is
connected with huge financial costs, and sometimes it is not
possible to carry out it at all.
PHOENICS can help to analyse heat exchange systems with the aid of
computer simulation. After the desirable scheme is found it remains
only to put the necessary equipment to it.
The pictures show the results of PHOENICS simulations to introduce
the multi-slab calculation technique having the following features:
A series of PHOTON plots describe the temperature distribution
inside heta exchangers, tube-wall temperatures and inlet-outlet
temperatures for number of neat exchanger combinations:
- Each heat exchanger is supposed to occupy one slab of the whole 3D
- The network structure is represented by the links between the slabs.
- Cross flow HEX assembly, 1
- Cross flow HEX assembly, 2
- Cross flow HEX assembly, 3
- Cross flow HEX assembly, 4
- Cross flow HEX assembly, 5
- Four type HEX assembly
- Validation of calculations
- Temperature response for Loss-Of-Coolant accident