TITLE : VEHICULAR EXHAUST DISPERSION IN SNOWFALL
BY : S Zhubrin - CHAM-MEI
- This case is a part of a project to predict turbulent and
two-phase flows at the town scale.
- It is concerned with the snowfall in the street canyon
between one elevated building and its low-rise neighbouring
- PLANT is used to introduce the influence of gas and snow
concentration near the road surface on the source of
vehicular exhaust pollution.
Further details of PLANT:
Pictures are as follows :
- PLANT is a PHOENICS add-on which allows users to change
the coding within certain GROUND groups and sections using
PIL instructions in the Q1 file.
- PLANT can include GROUND coding for non-linear property
correlations, interphase transport features, initial fields,
non-linear source laws and output control calculations.
- PLANT is intended for use by those with a need to include
GROUND routines but who either lack the necessary FORTRAN
knowledge or who wish to same time by placing the necessary
commands in the Q1 file
- PLANT adds the required coding into GROUND and recompiles
the EARTH executable before starting the run.
- PLANT is included in PHOENICS 1.4 Shareware.
1. Air velocity vectors
2. NOx concentration in air
3. Snow velocity
4. Snow volume fraction