JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
JOB LEVEL: JUNIOR Level (1-2 years’ commercial experience)
LOCATION: Wimbledon, London, England (www.cham.co.uk)
CHAM is seeking a Software Development Engineer to be based at its Wimbledon office.
The main task is to assist our Software Development Team to develop, implement, test and document new features being added to PHOENICS, our general-purpose CFD Code, and other CHAM software products. The work involves development on the core-technology front including, but not limited to, cut-cell methods, algorithms, solvers, immersed boundary methods, octree meshing, adaptive mesh refinement, etc. Work will also be undertaken on modifications to, and upgrades of, the software suite.
Alongside software development the successful candidate will be expected to create, and maintain, an essential, up-to-date library of tutorials videos, webinars and other materials which can be used to grow CHAM’s community of users and help Agents and Resellers to perform their tasks more effectively.
The successful candidate will also provide assistance to CHAM’s Technical Support Team, on an ad hoc basis, by investigating, finding and reporting on solutions to problems raised by Users of CHAM’s products.
- BSc or above, in Computational Science; Systems, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering; or related fields
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), algorithmic software development and Physics.
- 1-2 years’ experience using and developing software and plugins which link software
- Experience with programming languages including some of C#, .NET framework, C++
- Flexibility, proactivity and resourcefulness
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritise and record work, and keep Senior staff regularly informed
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Knowledge of FORTRAN
- Basic commercial awareness regarding marketing software
- Experience using CAD packages such as Rhino and Grasshopper
CHAM offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful applicant.
Applicants are invited to send a current CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications for this position to HR@cham.co.uk with the subject heading “Software Development Engineer Application – (Your Name)”. As well as where you saw our advert.