JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
JOB LEVEL: JUNIOR Level (1-2 years’ commercial experience)
LOCATION: Wimbledon, London, England (www.cham.co.uk)
CHAM is seeking a Development Engineer to be based at its Wimbledon office.
The main task is to assist the Software Development Team to develop, implement, test and document new features being added to, or modifications of, PHOENICS and other CHAM products. The aim is to create viable, and saleable products within an agreed time frame.
Once products are developed it is essential to create, and maintain, an up-to-date library of tutorials, videos, webinars and other materials which can be used to grow CHAM’s community of users and help Agents and Resellers to perform their tasks more effectively.
The successful candidate will also provide assistance to CHAM’s Technical Support Team by investigating, finding and reporting, on solutions to problems raised by Users of CHAM’s products.
- BSc or above, in Computational Science, Systems, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), algorithmic software development and Physics.
- 1-2 years’ experience using and developing software and plugins linking software
- Experience with programming languages including some of C#, .NET framework, C++
- Flexibility, proactivity and resourcefulness
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritise and record work, and keep Senior staff regularly informed
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Knowledge of FORTRAN
- Basic commercial awareness regarding marketing software
- Experience using Rhino and, ideally, Grasshopper
CHAM offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful applicant.
Applicants are invited to send a current CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications for this position to HR@cham.co.uk with the subject heading “Development Engineer Application – (Your Name)”. As well as where you saw our advert.