JOB TITLE: CAD and CFD Software Development Engineer
JOB LEVEL: Intermediate (Over 2 years’ experience)
LOCATION: Wimbledon, London, England
CHAM is seeking a Development Engineer, with strong knowledge of, and interest in, CFD, CAD and graphics to join its Wimbledon-based team.
The main task is assisting the Software Development Team to develop, implement, test and document new features or modifications of PHOENICS, and other CHAM products, with particular reference to user interface design, graphical display, CAD elements and CAD-to-CFD interfaces.
The successful candidate will be also be able to work with CHAM colleagues on Product Development, User Support and Consultancy as required thus being involved in a broad range of CFD-based activities.
- Working to optimize all aspects of PHOENICS, and other CHAM software, from menu systems and general interfaces, to the graphical display of results in the appropriate environment
- Building upon, and improving interfaces to, existing (and new) CHAM products as requested
- Performing all tasks to a commercially acceptable standard and within prescribed time frames
- Good BSc (minimum) or MSc in Computational Science, Systems, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or related fields including confidence in basic matrix maths
- Meaningful experience and knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Meaningful experience and knowledge of CAD software
- Knowledge of, and experience with, .NET framework, C++, C#, OpenGL, GLSL
- Flexibility, proactivity and resourcefulness, plus excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, to prioritise and record work, and to keep Senior staff informed
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work in a small collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of Fortran
- Experience interfacing C++ with C or C with Fortran
- Experience with Qt (ideally Qt OpenGL libraries)
- Experience of cross-platform development (particularly Windows and Linux)
- Knowledge of VTK (Visualisation Tool Kit) and OpenScenegraph would be useful as would familiarity with typical computer solid geometry representations (for geometric shape definitions) and Microstation Connect.
CHAM offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful applicant. Applicants are invited to send a current CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications for this position to HR@cham.co.uk with the subject heading “CAD and CFD Software Development Engineer Application – (Your Name)” As well as where you saw our advert..