JOB TITLE: CAD and GUI Software Development Engineer
JOB LEVEL: Intermediate (Over 2 years’ experience)
LOCATION: Wimbledon, London, England
CHAM is seeking a Development Engineer, with strong knowledge of, and interest in, CAD, Graphical User Interface design and graphical display to join its Wimbledon-based team.
The main task is assisting the Software Development Team to develop, implement, test and document user interface design, graphical display, CAD elements and CAD-to-CFD interfaces for PHOENICS (the most established independent CFD software available) and other CHAM products.
The successful candidate will be also be able to work with CHAM colleagues on Product Development, User Support and Consultancy as required thus being involved in a broad range of activities.
- Working to optimize the front end of PHOENICS from the viewpoint of general interfaces, the graphical display of results in the appropriate environment, seamless interfaces with CAD products, and other elements of graphical display.
- Creating, and improving, the front end of all existing, and new, CHAM products as requested, including interfaces to other products.
- Documenting all aspects of work undertaken to a high literary, and visual, standard.
- Performing all tasks to a commercially acceptable level and within prescribed time frames
- Knowledge of, and experience with, .NET framework, C++, C#, OpenGL, GLSL
- Meaningful experience and knowledge of CAD software
- Knowledge of VTK (Visualisation Tool Kit) and OpenScenegraph would be useful as would familiarity with typical computer solid geometry representations (for geometric shape definitions) and Microstation Connect
- Good BSc (minimum) or MSc in Computer Aided Design, CAD & BIM, CAD & Design, Computer Aided Engineering, or similar including confidence in basic matrix maths
- Flexibility, proactivity and resourcefulness, plus excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, to prioritise and record work, and to keep Senior staff informed
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work in a small collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of Fortran
- Experience interfacing C++ with C or C with Fortran
- Experience with Qt (ideally Qt OpenGL libraries)
- Experience of cross-platform development (particularly Windows and Linux)
- Experience with GIT.
- Some knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) would be useful
CHAM offers a competitive salary and benefits package to the successful applicant. Applicants are invited to send a current CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications for this position to HR@cham.co.uk with the subject heading “CAD and GUI Software Development Engineer Application – (Your Name)” As well as where you saw our advert..