You can ignore the top row of buttons for the moment. They appear
on every panel so as to assist navigation within the PHOENICS
Click on a button on the left for:
Welcome: providing guidance
about how to begin.
Quick Start: enabling you to run PHOENICS at once,
for the simulation of steady laminar flow around
a sphere, which is PHOENICS-Library-case 805.
Click here to see results created on an earlier occasion.
Slower\nStart: a step-by-step conducted tour
of the sphere-simulation problem.
Tutorials: The best start,
enabling you to learn about PHOENICS systematically.
Ready\nto\nrun: a selection of ready-to-run cases
from the input-file library, arranged so as to enable you to execute
* Satellite, for the input of data
* EARTH, for running the executable, and
* PHOTON or Viewer, for graphical display of results.
CFD\npro & contra: a general lecture about CFD,
delivered at a 'Global Education' conference in 2007, which contains
warnings about the incomplete reliability of CFD predictions
CFD past\npresent & future: a historical review,
from a personal point of view, delivered at a conference in St Petersburg
on the occasion of the 80th birthday of Academician Alexander Leontiev.
Notice also the
button, which leads to helpful information in the
* A phrase-book containing brief explanations of often-used
abbreviations or jargon-words.
* Memory-jogging notes about how to use or terminate the main
* Advice on how to interpret the RESULT file which is produced by
every successful run of the PHOENICS solver, EARTH .